Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Summer Cycling to Cure Cancer


Fred Hutch Obliteride is a bike ride and 5K walk/run that connects and empowers people to help cure cancer faster by raising funds for Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center.

Summer cycling season is almost here and with it comes Obliteride. Ten years ago, I cycled the 100-mile route to help celebrate my 60th birthday. That ride -- and all the wonderful family, friends, and readers who supported the cause with their generous donations -- was such a rewarding experience I’ve decided to do it again.

On August 10th I’ll be riding to commemorate my 70th birthday, to acknowledge all those who have not been graced with my good health, and to raise money for much needed on-going cancer research. If you’re like most of us, this insidious disease has touched your life.

You may likely find yourself bombarded daily, as I do, with donation requests during this election year. Still, I’m hoping you are able to donate to cancer research!

This year I am riding on TEAM IRINA, our young warrior whose battle with cancer inspires all of us on her team to train harder and do all we can to fund the research she and so many others desperately need.

Please donate HERE:  

Obliteride 2024: Mrs. Arleen Williams - Obliteride (fredhutch.org)

No comments: