Saturday, January 9, 2010

It's About Time Writers Reading Series

Happy 2010!  We've survived the holiday season, and now it's time to get back to what matters...writing!  I find I need structure.  I need a schedule.  And I need the opportunity to share my work...  

If you're in the Seattle area, I'd like to invite you to a group reading at the Ballard Public Library at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 14th.  The It's About Time Writers Reading Series, coordinated by Esther Altshul Helfgott, is now on Facebook.  For more information and regular updates, you might consider joining the Facebook group by going to www.facebook.com.  For information on past readings, you can check out http://itsaboutimewriters.homestead.com/

January seems like the perfect time to share a bit of the old and a bit of the new.  To that end, I'll be reading a short selection from The Thirty-Ninth Victim and another from my work-in-progress, a memoir carrying the working title, Moving Mom.  It's the story chronicling the 7 years and 6 days between my father's death and my mother's move to a dementia care facility.  It took an astute writing partner of mine to point out to me that Moving Mom picks up where The Thirty-Ninth Victim left off.  Funny how we (or should I say "I") so easily miss what's right under our (my) nose.  Or in this case, pen.

I hope to see you Thursday night!

No comments: