Friday, March 10, 2017

100 Miles for a Cure

Cancer has hit my family and friends hard in the past few years. It’s hit the families and friends of many I know. Has it hit yours as well? Do you share my feelings of helplessness and frustration in the face of this dreadful disease?

I decided to do something proactive. This summer I will cycle the 100-mile Obliteride. The goal of this Seattle bike ride is to raise funds for Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. Last year cyclists collected 2.4 million dollars in donations to support the search for a cure.

Here’s how it works. Each cyclist pays a $100 registration fee and agrees to a minimum $250 fundraising commitment to be reached by May 5. One hundred percent of that $250 goes directly to Fred Hutch cancer research. The cost of the ride itself – organization, support, jerseys – is covered entirely by the registration fee each cyclist pays.

I am grateful to those who have already donated to Fred Hutch and helped me get closer to my goal. But I’m not there yet, and frankly, with your help I’d like reach beyond that minimum goal of $250.

I know we all face choices in these uncertain times, but I’d sure appreciate your help. It’s quick and easy. Any amount helps! Just click HERE and give what you can to help obliterate cancer. Thank you!


No comments: